Welcome!

Welcome to LILTDY blogging.


Each of you needs to go to Blogger and create your own blog for this course. Call your blog anything you like, but be sure to include your name in the title so we know who you are and can respond to your posts. Add the URL to our class member sheet below.


Each week you will have one assigned writing task related to our text, Leading at the Edge. These entries should be between 150 and 300 words.


But please also make additional entries, and/or provide links to anything that you find interesting and related to our class.


I’ll try to make my blog a good model of what is possible. To help you feel like we are all doing this together, I will do the same assignments as you.


I look forward to blogging with you.


Ken

Monday, May 21, 2012

Mr. Kitashiro Impressions

Thank you all for you participation in today's presentation by Mr. Kitashiro. You were very attentive, asked great questions, and made me very proud to be your teacher.

Should you wish to listen to Mr. Kitashiro's lecture again, Shaw made a recording and has kindly shared it. Just click here for his recording, and you can follow along with your handout.

Also, apologies for a number of students that joined us today that were not from our class. I knew one student would be coming, but not more than that. I appreciate the enthusiasm, but wish I would have been asked. Not a big problem except more of you would have been able to ask questions had we not had so many visitors also asking questions.

As for my impressions, I am struck by Mr. Kitashiro's gentleness. He talked a lot about modesty and integrity and thinking about others and you can tell that he is very much such a person. I also think he is a very good public speaker as he is able to speak in a very conversational, intimate way that really connects with the audience.

There is much more I could comment on, but I would like to hear more from you. Please make a blog entry that highlights anything of special importance to you from today's class.

1 comment:

  1. I was also surprised at visitors, but anyway I could ask him a question. Throughout his presentation, some of my prepared questions were answered. I came up with a new question, and asked him after class. The question was very important for me. But I might just as well tell you all this on my own blog.

    By the way, I uploaded mp4 file on dropbox tentatively. The url is
    http://dl.dropbox.com/u/77257225/Mr.%20Kitashiro's%20presentation.mp4

    I will combine it with Mr. Kitashiro's PPT.

    ReplyDelete